AAM’s Diversity Committee (DivCom) Presents:
A Pre-AAM Annual Meeting Dialogue: What’s Next for the AAM Diversity and Inclusion Policy?
Friday, April 17 at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific Time – Event page here!
DivCom invites you to a Google Hangout on Air where we will generate rich discussion around AAM’s new Diversity and Inclusion Policy prior to opportunities for in-person conversations in Atlanta. Join us as we generate ideas about the possible futures for the DI policy and connect with other members who want to build momentum around diversity and inclusion priorities in museums.
For the Google Hangout, we will be joined by two of the DI policy’s key drivers: William Harris and Auntaneshia Staveloz. They will give us a brief introduction to the policy (that you can read on the AAM website). For our Google Hangout Discussion we are crowdsourcing your questions about the policy. Submit your questions via the Hangout Q&A App (instructions below), to firstname.lastname@example.org or share them via twitter by tagging #WhatsNextHangout @AAMDivCom.
Google Hangout Agenda:
- Introductions from the DivCom Committee.
- Introduction to the DI Policy (William and Auntaneshia)
- Brief background and hoped outcomes.
- Where are things at today?
- Review submitted policy questions and comments. Open Discussion.
- Wrap Up:
- DivCom events at AAM
- Open Discussion: Share sessions and events that other members/ attendees thinkDivCom members should be aware of and attend.
- Thanks and Conclusion.
How to Join, Stream and Participate in the Hangout On Air:
Here’s what you will need in order to participate:
- A computer or other Apple device
- A Google+ account (note: you do not need to use a Mac)
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to participate or provide input!
- Visit our event page.
- To share questions/comments you would like us to address in the Hangout on Air click the Q&A Button in the corner of the video box on the event page. Enter them there and click the green “Ask a new question” button to submit.
For more technical information on Hangouts on Air visit https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2459411?hl=en&ref_topic=2553242
Hangouts on Air allow all attendees to watch the conversation broadcast live. DivCom’s Board will be joined in conversation by DI policy leaders William Harris and Auntaneshia Staveloz. In addition to using the Q&A app you can submit questions before the Hangout to the DivCom board via twitter or by emailing DivCom Board Member Cecile Shellman (email@example.com.) You can also view the Hangout event live or after the broadcast ends by going to the Hangout On Air event posted to the Incluseum YouTube channel.
If you still have questions about navigating the Google Hangout on Air send questions about the Hangout event to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance and we can help you out!