On Monday 04/29 we had our first #MassActionReadingGroup Tweetchat that focused on chapter 1 and worksheet 1 of the Mass Action Toolkit. We had about 30 active participants and had a lively discussion! Rose from The Incluseum was the host and asked the following 5 questions:
- This chapter touches on the lineage of the Modern Museum. Did anything surprise you about this discussion? In what ways do you see this lineage endure today? #MassActionReadingGroup
- There is no such thing as a neutral space. What structural shifts would have to happen at your museum if inclusion was the central operating value? #MassActionReadingGroup
- The case for inclusion is as much about relevance and long-term sustainability as it is about the moral imperative of social justice. What is the case for inclusion at your institution? #MassActionReadingGroup
- Does your institution have a glossary of language around equity/inclusion efforts? Have you had a conversation on the terminology and developed a shared understanding of what it means? #MassActionReadingGroup
- We must agree to move past guilt for any role we have played in upholding harmful structures. How has this chapter inspired you to take action? #MassActionReadingGroup
If you were not able to join, no problem! The Tweetchat has been archived and curated on Twitter; preview below. Our next Tweetchat will take place Monday 05/13 and will focus on chapter and worksheet 2. In the meantime, you can add questions/reflections in the comment section below.
#MassActionReadingGroup Chapter 1: Q1-3